Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Balls: No Bake Protein Bites
This recipe for vegan energy balls combines some of our favorite ingredients (including dark chocolate, of course) in one delicious protein-rich bite. Chia and Flax seeds add a boost of Omega-3s and fiber. A one bowl, no-bake recipe to power your New Year’s resolutions, or if you're simply looking for a tasty breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup flax seed meal, or whole flax seeds ground in a food processor
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, blueberries, cherries, or raisins
- 3 oz chopped extra dark chocolate bar
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 cup peanut butter, warmed for easy mixing
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
*The components of this recipe are vegan and gluten-free. The chocolate bar recommended for use is made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens or dairy. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of dairy, wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined into a stiff dough. If too dry or crumbly, add more peanut butter or maple syrup. If too sticky or wet, add a little bit more oats or flaxseed meal.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, then scoop out bite-sized portions (about 1.5 Tablespoons) and roll into balls.
- Store well-sealed leftovers in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month (or more).