Easy Homemade Brownies - Chocolate Brownie Recipe
This brownie recipe strikes a perfect balance between fudge-style and cakey brownies, and also produces a wonderful crust. The chocolate adds a super-melty texture and burst of straight chocolate flavor. What's not to love about that?
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 1⁄2 oz dark chocolate (our organic dark chocolate bar chopped would work well here)
- 2 sticks butter, very soft
- 4 eggs
For a darker, richer brownie use extra dark chocolate.
- Combine with a whisk eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add sugar and stir with a heat-proof spatula to combine.
- Continue to stir over low heat until mixture is hot (between 115°F and 120°F).
- Add the butter-sugar mixture to the cocoa-egg mixture.
- Add flour to the mixture; stir to combine.
- Add chocolate; stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 9"x13" pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool in pan before cutting (if you can manage to wait!)