Easy Vegan Chocolate Sorbet Recipe | Lake Champlain Chocolates
This Chocolate Sorbet is so extraordinary and rich in flavor, you would never know it’s dairy-free and vegan! With so few ingredients required, this sorbet recipe is perfect for whipping up as a delicious treat to enjoy with friends and family on a warm summer day, or anytime of year! You can also add some of your favorite toppings such as fresh raspberries, whipped cream, or chunks of a gourmet chocolate bar. Dark chocolate fanatics will love this decadent and refreshing dessert!
Yield: 1 Quart of Sorbet
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 10 ounces of dark chocolate, or 3 dark chocolate bars (we recommend the Organic 72% Extra Dark Chocolate Bar!)
*The components of this recipe are gluten-free. The cocoa powder and chocolate bars recommended for use are made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.
- At least 1 day ahead of time: put ice cream maker bowl into freezer.
- In medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to boil over high heat.
- Gradually add cocoa powder, whisking until smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and gently simmer about 10 minutes, until syrupy.
- Put chocolate in a large bowl and pour half cocoa syrup mixture over, whisking constantly.
- Add remaining syrup, whisk until smooth, and strain through a fine strainer into a large container, preferably one with a lid.
- Add one more cup of water to mixture and chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
- Stir mixture until it is pourable and freeze according to the directions on your ice cream machine.