September 30, 2022
Our 2022 Impact Report
Wow, it has been quite the year! While our mission has always been to craft extraordinary chocolates that benefit people and planet, over the past year, we’ve taken great strides to improve our sustainability. As a certified B Corporation®, we are excited to be publishing our very first impact report.
While our 2022 Impact Report only covers results from the past 12 months, it has been years in the making. It involved implementing company-wide tracking of our emissions, waste, and utility usage. From there, we were able to identify areas for improvement. Employee-led suggestions help to shape our many projects and initiatives. Growth allows us to strengthen what we do, improve our community and company, while finding new ways to reduce our environmental impact.
Here are just a few highlights from our 2022 Impact Report:
- Renovations to our manufacturing facility and administrative offices, allowed us to lower our electricity usage, emissions, and natural gas usage!
- With our new reuse program (Project Waste Not) we continue to find new ways to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Our new volunteer program had employees getting their hands dirty at the Intervale Center community gardens – creating live stakes, fascines, harvesting crops, and gleaning.
- A sweet collaboration with NY Times best-selling author, Chris Bohjalian, raised money for women cocoa farmers in Africa!
- Giving back to our community continues to be a strong focus with more than one ton of chocolate donated to local organizations.
- We’ve set goals for 2023 and are excited to be continuing our social and environmental sustainability initiatives.