Double Chocolate Pancakes Recipe | Lake Champlain Chocolates
Chocolate for breakfast? Why not! These delicious, fluffy Double Chocolate Pancakes are sure to please everyone at the table. Perfect for a holiday brunch, weekend breakfast with the family, or even dinner! This recipe for homemade chocolate pancakes requires few ingredients and is easy to make, so you can whip them up whenever you get the urge for something sweet and chocolatey. As for toppings… the possibilities are endless!
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 chocolate bar
- 8 ounces (1 cup) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined--lumps are ok!
- Chop up and add one of your favorite chocolate bars, from Lake Champlain Chocolates (we recommend trying Moka Fleck or Raspberries & Dark Chocolate)! You could also include fresh berries (optional).
- Ladle 1⁄4 cup batter onto a greased skillet or griddle over medium heat. Cook until edges are dry and the pancakes can be flipped, then flip and cook another minute.
- Top with whipped cream, maple syrup, chocolate sauce--it's totally up to you!