Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe - Made from Scratch!
Truly the great all-American standby of desserts! This chocolate chip cookie recipe yields a dough that can be made in bulk, portioned out, and kept frozen in a Tupperware container or plastic baggie until needed. Which means you could bake just one or two cookies at a time (based on experience, however, we recommend upping your batch size!).
- 2 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 10 1⁄2 oz dark chocolate chips, or chop 57% dark chocolate bars
- 2 sticks butter, very soft
- 3 eggs
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Whisk together brown sugar, molasses, and regular sugar.
- Place butter in mixing bowl with paddle attachment and cream it until whipped to the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Add the sugar mixture and mix for 2-3 more minutes until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix on low speed until just combined. Don’t over-mix eggs (even if the mix looks broken).
- Add dry ingredients in two additions, mixing until just combined.
- Add chocolate and mix until just combined.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment-lined plastic sheet tray, slightly flattening cookies.
- Wrap and freeze until needed.
- If baking right away, refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place cookie rounds on parchment paper with ample space for spreading.
- Bring dough to room temperature before baking.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.