Cherry Double Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe | Lake Champlain Chocolates
These Double Chocolate Chip Cherry Muffins offer a decadent start to any day! The combination of cocoa powder and chocolate chips in this recipe delivers a punch of classic cocoa flavor and melting chocolate texture. The dried cherries brighten these rich chocolate treats. The best part about these muffins… the batter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, allowing you to scoop and freshly bake muffins many mornings in a row.
Yield: 12 muffins
*This batter can be made up to two days before baking. Keep batter in airtight container in refrigerator and bake when desired.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with baking cups.
- Soak the dried cherries in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Combine cocoa, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and vinegar in mixer.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring to blend. Add melted butter.
- Drain cherries and mix them into the batter.
- Scoop batter into prepared tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Muffins are done if a toothpick stuck in the top comes out clean with no batter on it.
- After letting muffins sit in pan for 5 minutes, pop them out and let them cool on a wire rack.