Best Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie: Recipe with Maple Syrup
This Chocolate Bourbon Maple Pecan Pie is a delicious recipe that gives the classic holiday dessert a bit more character and depth of flavor. The whole pie can be made up to 4 days in advance and refrigerated. It is delicious enjoyed warm or cold with some nutmeg whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Yield: 1 - 9 inch pie
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups pecan pieces
1 bar or 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped (57% Organic Dark Chocolate bar would work well here)
- Make 1⁄2 recipe pie dough.
- Blind bake pie shell at 375°F until dry and pale looking, but not baked all the way through.
- While blind baking the shell combine sugar, maple syrup, corn syrup, bourbon, and salt, in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat, bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Take pan off heat and whisk in the butter. Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add vanilla and eggs to cooled mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans and chocolate pieces.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake pie until the filling is just set, 40-60 minutes. If the top browns too quickly, cover with aluminum foil. Let cool completely.