Skip to Main Content
- Heat 1⁄2 cup of the heavy cream in a large microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Add the chocolate to the bowl and stir to combine. Wait 5 minutes for the chocolate to melt then whisk until smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup of cold heavy cream in a bowl until soft peaks form using a handheld mixer. Transfer 1⁄2 cup to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate to be used for the topping. Beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1⁄3 of the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture using a silicon spatula. Repeat 2 more times until all of the whipped cream has been folded into the chocolate.
- Divide the mousse between 4 small serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. If storing longer than 1 hour, wrap lightly in plastic wrap for up to 2 days.
- To serve dollop with the reserved whipped cream and sprinkle with toppings if desired.