Mocha Buttercream Frosting Recipe | Lake Champlain Chocolates
This mocha buttercream frosting is devilishly good, particularly when applied liberally to our Ultimate Chocolate Cake! Using few ingredients, this recipe is not only easy to make, but versatile — perfect for icing a white or chocolate cake, topping cupcakes, or as filling between your favorite cookies!
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 lb confectioners sugar
- 1 stick (4 oz) butter, softened
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules, dissolved in 1⁄4 cup coffee
*The components of this recipe are gluten-free. The unsweetened cocoa recommended for use is made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.
- Combine confectioners sugar and cocoa in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the softened butter and mix in gently.
- Add the coffee liquid a small amount at a time, and beat with electric beater until smooth and spreadable.
- You may not need all of the coffee liquid, and you may also need to add slightly more.