Skip to Main Content
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, warmed to about 105°F
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups all purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Unsweetened Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces chopped Milk Chocolate Bar or Dark Chocolate Bar
- In a large bowl mix yeast, warm milk, and sugar. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in egg and oil.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt until just combined. Do not over mix - you should still have some lumps in the batter.
- Cover bowl and place in a warm area for 1-2 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
- Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Heat waffle iron on medium-high heat.
- Being careful not to stir batter, pour 2⁄3 cup of the batter on the middle of the waffle iron and cook for 3-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on a wire rack for about 2 minutes before serving.