Chocolate Waffle Recipe | Lake Champlain Chocolates
These overnight, chocolatey yeast waffles go great with ice cream, or serve them warm with maple syrup, strawberries, and whipped cream! Expecting family for brunch or a holiday get-together? You can mix up the batter for this Chocolate Waffle recipe the night before, refrigerate, fold in the chocolate the next morning and you are good to go!
Yield: 6 waffles
- In a large bowl mix yeast, warm milk, and sugar. Let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in egg and oil.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt until just combined. Do not over mix - you should still have some lumps in the batter.
- Cover bowl and place in a warm area for 1-2 hours, or refrigerate overnight.
- Fold in chopped chocolate.
- Heat waffle iron on medium-high heat.
- Being careful not to stir batter, pour 2⁄3 cup of the batter on the middle of the waffle iron and cook for 3-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place on a wire rack for about 2 minutes before serving.