Skip to Main Content
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flaxseed meal and warm water and stir. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using a handheld mixer or stand mixer combine the vegan butter and sugar in a large bowl until well mixed, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the flaxseed meal mixture and vanilla to the bowl and continue to mix until combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl, add the espresso powder if using, baking powder and salt and mix until just combined.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons (1 oz) of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes. Gently press a truffle into the center of each cookie. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely and let the chocolate set, at least 1 hour.
- Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with raspberry dust.