Chocolate Espresso Cookies Recipe | Lake Champlain Chocolates
The espresso in this Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookie recipe makes the cookies taste more chocolatey and the chocolate chips burst with even more flavor in each bite. If you don’t want to bake all of the cookies at once, freeze individual scoops and thaw and bake fresh cookies whenever you want.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground espresso or coffee
- 2 1⁄2 sticks butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 10 1⁄2 oz or 3 bars chopped (our organic dark bar or Moka Fleck chocolate bar would work well here)
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and espresso.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a mixing bowl until smooth, light in color, and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in two additions, stirring until just combined.
- Add chopped chocolate and stir until evenly distributed throughout.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, slightly flattening cookies.
- If baking right away, refrigerate dough for 30 minutes at least…at this point, cookies can be wrapped and frozen until needed. Bring dough to room temperature before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cookies will puff and still look wet in the center.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheet 5 minutes before moving.