- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To make the cookies: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, cane sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix on low until combined, then mix for an additional 5 minutes until the butter is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, flour, and cocoa mix and mix on low until combined.
- Using your hands, form the cookies into 30 balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Using your thumb, make an indent into the middle of each cookie and place a piece of milk chocolate.
- Bake for 12 to 18 minutes, until the cookies look set. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets.
- To make the topping: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, add the gelatin and 2 tablespoons cold water, and stir to combine. Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add the cane sugar, corn syrup, 2 tablespoons water, and sea salt. Heat on high and stir to combine completely. Continue to stir and allow the mixture to boil and rise up, remove from the heat.
- Pour over the top of the gelatin, and mix on low, gradually increasing speed until the mixer begins to thicken and turn white. Continue to increase speed as mixture thickens, until you are on high speed. Whisk until white and fluffy.
- Spoon the marshmallow fluff on top of the milk chocolate center.
- Torch, using a kitchen torch, for a toasted marshmallow!
- Store in a cool dry place for up to 5 days.
High Altitude --- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 18 minutes, until the cookies look set.