How to Make Frozen Hot Chocolate with Milk, Chocolate & Ice
Frozen chocolate drinks are a delicious way to enjoy drinking chocolate, year round! Not too different from chocolate milk, but lighter in texture while richer in chocolate flavor.
Yield: 16 oz
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 1⁄4 oz dark chocolate chopped (we reccommend our 57% organic dark bar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ice
*The components of this recipe are gluten-free. The dark chocolate recommended for use is made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.
- Put whole milk in a small pot and heat over a medium flame while stirring to just below a boil.
- Pour over chocolate and stir until the mixture fully comes together.
- Cool the liquid mix down by refrigerating for about 4 hours. (You can make this part a few days in advance.)
- When you’re ready to make the drink, pour over ice.
- Or, place the liquid mix and ice in a blender and blend for at least 30-45 seconds, or until everything comes together.