Skip to Main Content
- 6 tablespoons Hot Cocoa Mix
- 5 tablespoons roasted cacao nibs
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (or for a less smoky flavor use chili flakes)
- 5 tablespoons paprika (or for a more smoky flavor use smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sumac powder
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Using a large chef's knife, finely chop almonds.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub surfaces of boneless chicken thighs with olive oil, then pat with spicy rub.
- Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature, or refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Bake at 450°F for 18 minutes (until internal temperature of chicken is 165°F).
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Do not re-use rub that has been in contact with raw meat.