Homemade Chocolate Sorbet
This Chocolate Sorbet is so extraordinary and rich in flavor, you would never know it’s dairy-free and vegan! With so few ingredients required, this sorbet recipe is perfect for whipping up as a delicious treat to enjoy with friends and family on a warm summer day, or anytime of year! You can also add some of your favorite toppings such as fresh raspberries, whipped cream, or chunks of a gourmet chocolate bar. Dark chocolate fanatics will love this decadent and refreshing dessert!
How to Make:
• At least 1 day ahead of time: put ice cream maker bowl into freezer.
• In medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to boil over high heat.
• Gradually add cocoa powder, whisking until smooth.
• Reduce heat to low and gently simmer about 10 minutes, until syrupy.
• Put chocolate in a large bowl and pour half cocoa syrup mixture over, whisking constantly.
• Add remaining syrup, whisk until smooth, and strain through a fine strainer into a large container, preferably one with a lid.
• Add one more cup of water to mixture and chill in refrigerator at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
• Stir mixture until it is pourable and freeze according to the directions on your ice cream machine.
Yield: 1 Quart of Sorbet
Tags: Gluten Free**
**The components of this recipe are gluten-free. The cocoa powder and chocolate chips (or chocolate bars) recommended for use are made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that, with the exception of our bean to bar chocolates by Blue Bandana Chocolate Maker, all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.