Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
October is the perfect time of year for baking! Be inspired by the changing leaves and pumpkins on every porch step. This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread recipe makes the perfect Fall treat to pack in lunchboxes, serve for breakfast, or simply enjoy as an afternoon snack! For best results, store overnight before serving to allow the flavors and texture to develop.
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 large eggs
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
1⁄3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1⁄4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cups chocolate chips, we recommend our dark chocolate baking chips
*Optional: Add pumpkin seeds or nuts!
How to Make:
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
• In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, sugar, water, and vanilla.
• Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt, stirring just to combine.
• Fold in the chocolate chips, and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
• Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
• Cool on a rack for about 30 minutes, then tip out of the pan and cool completely on the rack. Wrap tightly and store in a cool, dry place.
Yield: 1 loaf Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread