Orange Hot Chocolate
This delicious Orange Hot Chocolate recipe is the perfect combination of rich chocolate and fresh orange flavors. Make this warming hot cocoa for friends and family during the winter months, when citrus season is in full effect! It is sure to become a favorite holiday drink while gathered around the fireplace.
Traditional hot chocolate mix
8 oz of whole milk (or your preferred choice of milk, such as almond)
Orange liquor (optional)
How to Make:
• Using a wide vegetable peeler or a very sharp paring knife, peel 1⁄2 inch strips off the orange (2-3 strips per 8 oz milk).
• Put orange strips into 8 oz milk [if you want an extra orange punch, mash the strips a bit with a muddler or spoon and let the milk sit with orange in it for up to 6 hours].
• Bring orange-milk to a simmer.
• Remove orange strips.
• Pour milk over 1 heaping tablespoon of our traditional or organic hot chocolate and stir.
• Add Grand Marnier or Cointreau (or your favorite orange liquor) to taste [optional].
Garnish ideas: orange zest, freshly ground nutmeg, vanilla marshmallows
Yield: 1 mug of orange hot chocolate
Tags: Gluten Free*
*The components of this recipe are gluten-free. The hot chocolate mix recommended for use is made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that, with the exception of our gluten-free chocolates by Blue Bandana, all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.