Gluten-Free Chocolate Pudding
Want to know how to make the perfect Chocolate Pudding from scratch? Follow this delicious recipe which combines cocoa powder and melted chocolate for a pudding dessert with a creamy and intense chocolate flavor! Not only is this treat yum-worthy, it is also gluten-free and pairs well with a variety of toppings including whipped cream, sprinkles, chunks of fudgey brownies, or berries... whatever you'd like!
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips, or 3 gourmet chocolate candy bars (we like the Guatemalan bar, Organic Dark Chocolate bar, or the Signature Dark)
3 cups whole milk
1 cup sugar (split into 1⁄3 and 2⁄3)
1⁄3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1⁄4 cup cornstarch
1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
1 egg yolk
1⁄4 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
How to Make:
• Melt butter and chocolate together. Set
• Heat milk and 1⁄3 cup of sugar in saucepan over low heat until it begins to steam.
• Meanwhile, combine remaining sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl.
• Combine eggs, yolks, and heavy cream with a whisk.
• Slowly pour 1⁄4 of the hot milk mixture over egg mixture while stirring. Add another 1⁄4 of the milk mixture and stir to combine. Pour mixture back into pan with milk.
• Add cocoa mixture to saucepan with remaining milk mixture and bring to boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Let boil for 30 seconds on low.
• Remove from heat and add melted chocolate mixture, and vanilla.
• Pour into glasses or containers. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down on the surfaces to prevent a skin from forming. Let cool to room temperature for about an hour.
• Refrigerate until chilled.
• Keep pudding in an airtight container in the fridge. Should be eaten within 4 days of making.
Yield: 6 cups of pudding
Tags: Gluten Free**
**The components of this recipe are gluten-free. The cocoa powder and chocolate chips (or chocolate bars) recommended for use are made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that, with the exception of our Blue Bandana chocolates, all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.