Baked Chocolate Glazed Donuts
Is there anything more heavenly than delicious chocolate donuts drizzled with glaze on a Sunday morning? We don't think so, and you can make them at home with this easy recipe! Follow step-by-step instructions for our favorite homemade glaze and baked chocolate donuts - a perfect addition to a holiday brunch or weekend breakfast for the family. We promise you won't be able to eat just one!
1⁄2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
3⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons granulated white or maple sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips or chopped organic dark chocolate bar
1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt
1⁄4 cup milk
Glaze:1⁄4 cup milk
2 1⁄2 cups confectioner's sugar or finely ground maple sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
How to Make:
• Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a doughnut pan with butter.
• Whisk together the dry ingredients and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, and milk.
• Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until blended. Do not over mix.
• Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling each cavity 2⁄3 to 3⁄4 full.
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
• Remove from oven, let sit briefly, then gently turn out of pan onto a rack. Cool completely, and place a baking sheet under the rack before glazing to catch any drips.
• In a double boiler over med-high heat, warm the milk until it is hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat and add the confectioner's (or maple) sugar, salt, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth and immediately pour over cooled donuts.
Yield: 15 donuts