Homemade Chocolate Fudge Pops
These homemade fudge pops have a rich chocolate flavor—and our classic fudgesicle recipe will make you nostalgic for the frozen popsicles of your childhood. While easy to make, they do take a little planning ahead. So give yourself a head start, and keep your popsicle mold in the freezer when it’s empty. That way, it’s ready for you to make frozen treats whenever inspiration strikes! These chocolate pops are gluten free.
How to Make:
• Combine heavy cream, whole milk, and cocoa powder in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Whisk constantly until cocoa powder is dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer.
• Remove from heat and add the dark chocolate. Let stand a minute or so.
• Stir to combine. Immersion blend (if you have one) or pour into a blender and combine until homogenous.
• Add vanilla extract and blend one more time.
• Let cool, uncovered at room temperature (ideally, use an ice water bath).
• Refrigerate the mixture overnight. At the same time, put popsicle mold into freezer to freeze empty overnight.
• The next day, stir chocolate mixture until it is pourable, pour into cold mold and put into freezer.
• After 5 minutes in freezer, insert popsicle sticks … at this point, they should stand straight up and down in the chocolate mixture. Put mold back into the freezer at least 4 hours, ideally overnight.
• The next day, prepare a deep dish with moderately cold water and a sheet tray lined with plastic wrap.
• Remove popsicle mold from freezer and dunk into cold water, making sure the pops themselves don’t get wet. Try pulling up on the sticks until you are able to remove pops from the mold. Place individual pops on sheet tray and put back into freezer for 30 minutes.
Yield: 10 Fudge Pops
Tags: Gluten Free**
**The components of this recipe are gluten-free. The cocoa powder and chocolate chips (or chocolate bars) recommended for use are made with gluten-free ingredients. Please note that, with the exception of our gluten-free chocolates by Blue Bandana Chocolate Maker, all products are manufactured in the same factory as products that may contain allergens. Although we employ good manufacturing practices to minimize cross-contact, we do not guarantee any product is entirely free of minute traces of wheat, soy, tree nuts, or peanuts.