Chocolate Bourbon Maple Pecan Pie Recipe
This Chocolate Bourbon Maple Pecan Pie is a delicious recipe that gives the classic holiday dessert a bit more character and depth of flavor. The whole pie can be made up to 4 days in advance and refrigerated. It is delicious enjoyed warm or cold with some nutmeg whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
3⁄4 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup maple syrup
1⁄2 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons bourbon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 stick butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups pecan pieces
1 bar or 3 ounces dark chocolate chopped (54% Signature Dark Chocolate bar or Organic 57% Dark Chocolate bar would work well here)
How to Make:
• Make 1⁄2 recipe pie dough.
• Blind bake pie shell at 375F until dry and pale looking, but not baked all the way through.
• While blind baking the shell combine sugar, maple syrup, corn syrup, bourbon, and salt, in a saucepan.
• Place over medium heat, bring to a rolling boil and boil for 1 minute.
• Take pan off heat and whisk in the butter. Let cool to room temperature.
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Add vanilla and eggs to cooled mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans and chocolate pieces.
• Pour into pie shell.
• Bake pie until the filling is just set, 40-60 minutes. If the top browns too quickly, cover with aluminum foil. Let cool completely.
Yield: 1 - 9 inch pie