4 pkg (1 oz) powdered gelatin
⅓ cup water
1¼ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup light corn syrup
6 large egg whites
¾ cup confectioners sugar
¾ cup corn starch
How to Make:
• Sprinkle gelatin in 6oz. cold water, let stand one minute.
• In heavy sauce pan, bring water, granulated sugar and corn syrup to 240°
• Whip egg whites to stiff peak, but not dry, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to overwhip.
• Make an Italian Meringue by pouring the cooked sugar down the side of the bowl into the egg whites. Do not pour sugar onto beaters or it will splash.
• Dissolve the gelatin in the hot pans and add to the sugar and egg mixture.
• Whip until stiff, glossy and fluffy, about 7 minutes.
• Spray the bottom and sides of parchment covered baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray and spread the marshmallow mixture evenly.
• Do not press down as you spread or the marshmallow will deflate.
• Combine confectioners sugar and corn starch.
• Using a fine mesh sleeve, sprinkle some of the mixture over top of the marshmallow.
• Reserve remaining mixture for additional sprinklings.
• Let stand for 2-4 hours to dry.
• Add more sugar/starch mixture to the top and invert marshmallow.
• Remove parchment paper and dust bottom with sugar/starch mixture.
• Cut into squares or shapes with cookie cutters.
• Toss cut pieces in sugar/starch mixture to coat completely.
Tags: Gluten Free