September is Full of Reasons to Celebrate! Well, Maybe…
After just returning from a long Labor Day weekend, I realize not only is Summer unofficially over but we’re entering into the season of holidays. We have Halloween, Canadian Thanksgiving (since we’re so close to the Canadian border), Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukah – just to mention a few of the more popular holidays. There are many many more and just to prove it, here is my list of top 10 obscure September holidays. If you know someone celebrating any of these, remember – chocolate always makes a nice gift. Especially a nice chocolate assortment. Hey, I’m just sayin’…
10. Chicken Month
9. Fall Hat Month
8. Self Improvement Month
7. Fight Procrastination day – September 6 (If you’re not up to, put it off until the 7th)
6. Chocolate Milk Shake Day – September 12 (Mmmmm!)
5. International Talk Like a Pirate Day – September 19 – Arrrrrrggggghhhh!
4. International Peace Day – September 21
3. Elephant Appreciation Day – September 22 (remember to thank an elephant!)
2. Ask a Stupid Question Day – September 28 (go ahead, ask away)
And the number one holiday on this month’s obscure holiday list is:
1. National Beheading Day – September 2 (What?!?! – National by what nation’s standards?)
Hope you all had a nice, long holiday weekend and enjoyed this little bit of levity to kick off your four-day work week. And don’t worry, I’ll try harder in my next blog!
PS – check out the autumn chocolate leaves now available – peanut butter and caramel filled. Happy September!